The Mission of Human Life International (Ireland) is to advance and promote the authentic teachings of the religion of the Catholic Church in life, faith and family, by prayer, service and education.
"In our mission of education, research and publication of study, data and analysis, we seek to uphold the sacredness of life and the dignity of the human person at all stages. We promote natural methods of human procreation and educate persons in their obligation to respect and protect innocent human life from conception."
We are the Irish branch of a worldwide network of approximately 100 branches and affiliates. The US website is www.hli.org
We are a prayer-based organisation, relying on God’s grace for fruitfulness and success in our work. We work for God’s glory, not our own.
Our Vision statement:
"For an Ireland where God is First, Life is Sacred, The Family is Cherished."
We achieve this by conferences, events, speaking tours, prayer campaigns, billboards campaigns, educational literature, prayer materials, social media outreach, pregnancy support, men's, women's and married couples events, youth catechetical training, The Guadalupe Centre and The Cloak Charity shop, Knock, Co. Mayo.
Our main HLI (Ireland) projects:
1. Ask Majella Pregnancy Counselling
2. Catholic Apologetics training and formation programmes.
3. Promoting authentic Catholic Church teaching with special reference to the documents Humanae Vitae and Familaris Consortio.
4. Exposing the truth of contraception's detrimental effect on Irish society and the abortifacient nature of contraceptive products.
5. Unmasking the truth about the dangers of new age movement.
6. Women of Grace Catholic Femininity programmes.
7. Advertising / education through social and Catholic media.
8. Constant campaigning for prayer and fasting for the entire faith/pro-life effort in Ireland. In particular, our annual rosary campaign, Holy Face devotion promotion, prayer and fasting campaigns.
9. Organising Catholic conferences and retreats.
10. Dissemination of Catholic leaflets, books, audio and video resources.
11. Provision of a promotional stall at other Catholic events and conferences.
12. 6 weekly informational newsletters.
13. Promotion of Catholic church teaching, harnessing skills and resources of others: ie. NAPRO; Marriage preparation & assistance; parish talks; workshops.
14. Media comment on breaking issues.