National Pro-Life Report Rep130
• Atheistic Communism shows its ugly face
• Praying for the Downfall of our Foes!
• Official Opening Guadalupe Centre 12th September
• Reasons to be Pro-life at Youth 2000 festival
• HLI Fundraising Walk in Arklow
• HLI (Ireland) on EWTN 29th / 30th September
"As long as we continue to behave as sheep, we are victorious…
Even if ten thousand wolves surround us, we conquer and are victorious. But the moment we become wolves, we are conquered for we lose the help of the Shepherd.
He is the Shepherd of the sheep, not of wolves.
If he leaves you and goes away, it is because you do not allow him to show his power"
- St. John Chrysostom
Dear Friend of HLI (Ireland),
• abortion is available for ANY reason,
• marriage can be dissolved by divorce for any reason without delay,
• children can report their parents to the government,
• children are the property of the State,
• schools are indoctrination centres dissolving a Christian ethic,
• the sexual act is practiced by anyone with anyone,
• religion is excluded from cultural activities, from schools, from public life,
• the ministers of the Church and its holy rites are held in contempt,
Exactly this scenario was characteristic of atheistic communism as in Russia a century ago.
Exactly this scenario is unfolding before our eyes in Ireland – in incremental steps – as you read this.
This development we see in Ireland is part of a worldwide orchestrated agenda – it is not an isolated occurrence.
Our Lady of Fatima told us if Russia was not converted, it would spread its errors around the world. What we are seeing is the ugly face of atheistic communism manifesting itself more obviously. Pius XI wrote about this phenomenon in his encyclical Divini Redemptoris in 1937.
Christ has Victory Now don’t get me wrong. I am NOT pessimistic or melodramatic. I am not trying to unsettle you, and I KNOW that in the end Christ has the victory.
It is helpful however to look at things as they really are and deal with them properly, confident in God’s control of all things.
As St John Chrysostom indicates, the victory of Christ will be made manifest if we remain as sheep close to the Shepherd. The moment we try to become wolves ourselves, the Shepherd leaves our sides because he doesn’t shepherd ‘wolves’.
If we want to see His victory, we need to be channels of God’s power, not our own.
Radical Sexual Left Right now as I write this, at an United Nations Conference in Leon, Mexico - there is a document proposed which the radical sexual ideologues want governments to sign up to.
This is the UN’s International Year of Youth. This year, radical feminist and homosexual activists want to see an utter rejection of the Catholic/Christian sexual ethic in the lives of the world’s youth.
As pro-life UN observer Austin Ruse, writes:
“In 13 years of UN-watching, I can’t think of a single threat more serious than this scheme of indoctrinating and programming the world’s youth to reject Christianity, parental authority, and the sanctity and dignity of life. But that’s exactly what’s happening.”
“This document strikes right at the heart of the parent-child bond. It demands radical and complete autonomy for young people, separate from their parents. … UN member countries, including the Holy See, will be expected to endorse this grotesque anti-family manifesto.”
Make no mistake –
The forthcoming Children’s Rights’ Referendum due later this year in Ireland is not an isolated occurrence. In my view, it is part of a global push orchestrating a serious undermining of parents rights.
The Civil Partnership bill was not an isolated occurrence. It too is part of a global ideological push to destroy the family as we know it.
What’s more, radicals are trying their level best to make abortion a so-called "universal human right". They want to broach no exceptions.
Serious threat to the World
Atheistic Communism is a serious threat to the world.
We ALL have our part to play. To fight this evil, Pope Pius in Divini Redemptoris expressly calls for prayer and fasting "…fighting as it were a holy war against a common enemy" (n63)
He calls for, amongst others:
1) Catholic action,
2) the urgent need to use all our energies to prevent societal breakdown,
3) sincere renewal of public and private lives,
4) detachment from material things and charity to our neighbour
5) that the Church be free to exercise her influence and ministry and more as his formula for action.